Charleston, W.Va.- American Medical Facilities Management (AMFM) is excited to announce the winners of the 2020 Ellen Warder Memorial Scholarship for Nursing Education. The following employees will receive a scholarship to further their education in the nursing profession:
- Teresa Hovatter – AMFM Home Office
- Casaundra Wilburn – AMFM Home Office
- Kaitlin Dino – Cabell Health Care Center
- Megan Wells – Lifetree Therapy (E. A. Hawse Nursing & Rehabilitation Center)
- Tiffany Ward – Summers Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Ashlee Sowards – Lincoln Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Patricia Watts – Lincoln Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Mary Brown – Wyoming Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Timothy Kanode – Mercer Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Kelsie Cottrell – Clay Health Care Center
The scholarship was established in 2001 and is named after Ellen Warder, Vice President of Legal Affairs for AMFM. In November 1997, Ms. Warder died unexpectedly at the age of 55. The scholarship is named in her honor and supports employees who are pursuing or furthering their education in the nursing profession. The scholarships apply to the upcoming 2020 Fall semester.
AMFM operates 18 skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers throughout West Virginia. They operate in Braxton, Boone, Clay, Cabell, Summers, Fayette, Hardy, Greenbrier, Webster, Wayne, McDowell, Lincoln, Wyoming, Harrison (Clarksburg & Bridgeport), Marshall, Taylor and Mercer counties.
AMFM’s mission is “to exemplify excellence in quality care to our customers by providing an environment that enhances personal growth, individuality, dignity and respect.”