About McDowell Nursing & Rehabilitation Center:
McDowell Nursing & Rehabilitation Center (N&RC) opened in 1985 and is a 120 person care center specializing in skilled nursing, short-term rehabilitation to home, and long-term care services.
Located in the rich history of coal country, McDowell N&RC is 30 miles from Bluefield, WV.
National Awards & Recognitions:
The center received the 2015 Bronze National Quality Award from the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL).
In a recent national survey with My InnerView by National Research Corporation, McDowell N&RC had 100% of families and residents who rated their overall satisfaction with services as "excellent and good."
As one of the largest employers in McDowell County, McDowell N&RC works with the community by partnering with local organizations and providing donations through funds provided by the AMFM Charitable Foundation, Inc.
Some of the organizations McDowell N&RC has presented donations to are McDowell County Career & Technical Center, McDowell County Humane Society, Welch Little League, Mount View High School, Gary Volunteer Fire Department, ARH Foundation for Healthier Communities, Emma's Touch Foundation, and more.
- Medical services provided by a licensed physician.
- Board Certified Nurse Practitioners with Lifetree Medical Services.
- Professional social services & discharge planning with a licensed social worker.
- Pharmacy Services by Lifetree Pharmacy Company.
- Daily activity schedule by a certified activity professional who arranges a variety of individual and group activities and outings.
- Hospice care offered.
- On site beauty & barbershop services.
- We accept admissions daily, 24 hours a day.